background

Friday, July 8, 2011

An experiment in room decor

When the boys wanted to redo their room. I asked them what style they wanted.  I never would have guessed they would answer Science.  Science?!?!?  Seriously?  What kid wants a Science room?....   I spent tons and tons of time trying to figure out exactly which direction to go. 
 I suggested outer space and was informed that wasn't all there is to science.  Then I suggested dinosaurs and they said NO not just dinosaurs either.  Soooooo we came up with a
combination of all of the above.  I found lots of awesome posters that would be fun.  This was one of my favorites.  It was perfect for their door.  :)  




 So welcome to the ...
SCIENCE ROOM.

We have your basic bunk beds, but my Mother in law made the boys some amazing quilts for each of the boys.  Complete with their names. 
 I even got to swipe a picture off of her blog to show them.  LOL  Hope you don't mind.  They are perfect for our Science theme.  If you want to check out her blog you can check it out here. http://quiltdivasews.blogspot.com/


While visiting the insectorium in New Orleans We found these adorable name pages and they worked out just great.

Naturally Albert Einstein NEEDED to have a place in our science room so here it is...     I picked my favorite Einstein quote and broke out my Cricut and vinyl... and now you have it.
  Well, maybe not my most favorite Einstein quote.  That would have to be... 
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  
 I didn't think that was quite what I was going for in their room though.  LOL 





I have been working on having a verse in every room of the house and I couldn't think of anything better than Genesis 1:1.  I thought it would be a great reminder to the boys that no matter what God is still the creator and designer of our universe. 


I know I previously posted about the light fixture, but I just love it.  So one more... ok three more pictures of how that all come out.  Did I mention I just love the way this light fixture worked out?  


The boys each have matching bookshelves to store all their books, and junk.  I used their buggy names to label each.  They love having their own space, and this defiantly gives them each a place for their stuff.
I love posters.com.  I found all of these posters and lots more.  If only we had more wall space.  I of course had to add some vinyl just because I could.  Haha.   I thought that Stand back, I'm going to try Science was the perfect finishing touch.  Thanks for hanging in there with me for all the details of this room.  The boys love it and that is totally what I was hoping for.  So I guess we chalk this up to a success.  :)


I am linking up at:
Lovely Crafty Home


UndertheTableandDreaming
”Photobucket”

7 comments:

Crafty Sisters said...

I love the quilts! Did she use the printable fabric transfers? Very cool. My boys would love a room like that!

Megan said...

Wow. that's just great. Sounds like you might have some future doctors on your hands.

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Mom24boys said...

This is great. I love the quilt!!! I did an astronomy room for my son. I too like to have inspirational quotes built into the decor. I put "even the planets in all their alighnment testify there is a supreme being". My son loves his room!
Check it out:
http://4growingboys.blogspot.com/2010/10/astronomy-room-decor-project-40-of-52.html

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Love it. Such a great idea. My son's room was more like a science experiment at times and NOT in a good way! Thanks so much for linking up!

Unknown said...

great room, love the light!

Carolyn said...

The quilts are gorgeous, they look fantastic in the room.

Carolyn said...

The quilt looks fantastic, and the room is fabulous. Love the way it has come together.