background

Friday, June 24, 2011

Getting girly with Rag Quilts.

I have been dreaming of quilting, but I am more than a little intimidated.  So when I found a video on you tube with instructions for making  a rag quilt I was thrilled.  It didn't sound too horrible so I gave it a whirl.  I keep an almost two year old girl who I live vicariously through.   As Mom of three boys it is too much fun to play with a little girl.  So we had to make a quick trip to Hobby Lobby to pick out fabrics.  Here is the finished product.

We even chose black minke for the backing.  I love how soft it is!



I think she likes it.  She climbed right under it with her best buddy Mickey Mouse.


Just one more picture because she is just sooooo cute.  :)

I'm linking up at:

Somewhat Simple

Tip Junkie handmade projects




http://www.iheartnaptime.net/2011/06/sundae-scoop-link-to-party-4.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:%20Iheartnaptime1%20(I%20heart%20naptime%20with%20Chocolate%20Sundaes)

9 comments:

Shabby Soul said...

You did a fantastic job! I love rag quilts! Your color choices are great, too! (P.S. I just decorated for a ladies banquet that matches your blog!)

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

I am intimidated by quilting too. This turned out so great and looks to be a big hit with your little friend!

Jenn said...

I love these types of quilts. Great fabric choices.

Lindsay Artsy-Fartsy Mama said...

Beautiful!! I love the fabrics. Great job! Your little one is adorable.

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

LOVE the colors and fabrics you choose!! She is a doll too ;)

We host a linky party "Strut Your Stuff Sunday!" We would love for you to link up! We appreciate it!!

Kristine
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Brit said...

The colors you chose are absolutely perfect!! I love rag quilts and this one is so perfect! Good job :) Thanks for lining up with us. We appreciate it! Hope to see more of you in the future :)
Britney
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Amy @MoMomma said...

I think you did a great job on this rag quilt! I have a couple up on my blog as well - I'm a mom to 2 boys and am making myself a pink quilt right now! come join me for my blog hop!

Allred's said...

You did such a great job, and I love the colors you chose. So girly and adorable!

Ginger said...

Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!