background

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I pinned then I MADE it

I love love love pinterest.  It is such an addictive thing, but I have pinned 1,857 things. 
Everything from this adorable baby idea...
Love it
to these delish looking blueberry cinnamon rolls...
blueberry cinnamon rolls..oh my goodness.
and all sorts of things in between!!! 
So I feel like such a loser when my list keeps longer and longer!  I really need to get busy trying some of these wonderful ideas.  So when I found the recipie for pumpkin butter, I decided I was totally making it.  I adore anything pumpkin , and couldn't wait to feel the sense of accomplishment from making my own pumpkin butter.  I wait anxiously every year for the Cracker Barrel to put it out.  Now I will not have to wait anymore. 
I pinned this recipie about 2 weeks ago and it was fairly simple.  It came from a fellow blogger at:
Shugary Sweets. 
Her instructions seemed simple enough. 

Pumpkin Butter Recipe:
29 oz can pumpkin puree
3/4 cup apple cider
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp nutmeg
2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
2 tsp ground ginger

In large saucepan mix all ingredients together. On medium heat, bring mixture to a boil. Continue to simmer (on low-medium) heat for one hour, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and allow to cool. Pour into mason jars and refrigerate for 12-24 hours. Enjoy cold!
*note* Do not attempt to "can" this recipe as I know there are USDA/FDA/CNN/MSNBC/LOL rules about canning pumpkin. So just don't do it.
So I quickly gathered all the necessary items.  :)
I actually had it all on hand, but the cider.  I dumped it all in the pan, and enjoyed the most wonderful fall scent.  I was actually glad it had to simmer so long.  It smelled fantastic in my house.
It wasn't difficult at all.  It just takes a little time.  I stirred it pretty regularly, but didn't have to stay and stir the whole time.  When it was finished it was pretty thick.
When all was said and done I had three yummy jarfulls.  Is jarfulls a word??  Let's pretend it is. 
The only thing left to do was enjoy it on some toast the next morning.  It tastes wonderful.  It has more of a spice flavor than the ones I bought in the past.  I love it. 

linking up at:





UndertheTableandDreamingNightOwlCrafting


A glimpse Inside

Tales of a Trophy Wife

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That pumpkin butter looks amazing..will be pinning it on my own pininterest and making it..thanks for the recipe!!

Anonymous said...

I will be making this! I am also pinning it! Looks so de-lish! I just posted a recipe for bite sized apple pies, if you want to check 'em out! Thanks for sharing!
Stephanie @ Ladywiththeredrocker.wordpress.com

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

That sounds really yummy. I'm a little addicted to pinning myself.