background

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Birthday Goodies

Today is my 16th birthday again. ;)
We won't talk about how many times I have celebrated 16, but ya' know it's more than 2 or 3 times. Anyway, my mother in law who is crazy kinds of talented offered to make curtains for my kitchen . I was very excited and I spent just tons of time looking for just the right fabric. I fell in love with the Gypsy Bandanna fabric collection. I chose my favorite for my curtains. They turned out just awesome.


Don't you just love the fabric I know I do!!!!!!
She then suggested making a table runner and wall hanging to match and who am I to argue so we picked a few more fabrics from the collection and here is what she came up with. I absolutely adore it.





The banner absolutely ROCKS, but the hanger I have didn't quite match. hmmm I can fix that right? :)


Sorry about the poor quality of this picture it was all I had of the before hanger. Christmas red certainly wouldn't do. :/ So I grabbed my handy dandy spray paint, and...

Black is soooooo much better. ":)

Dont' you think it matches better??? I know I sure do. It is so lovely. Hmm I think I need a new wall color now. I am sure my darling hubby wouldn't mind repainting half the house to match right? After all it is to match the stuff his Mom made for me. ;)




Of Course there were some scraps, and so my mother in law whipped up a few bonus items:

like potholders...


and some beautiful towels. I am a lucky girl. :)


I linked up at:

Somewhat Simple



Lovely Crafty Home

8 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Happy birthday! My mom stays 16 too. Love that fabric.

Cherie said...

They're absolutely gorgeous! Happy Birthday again. :)

Lesley said...

I'm so safe with my fabrics and rarely use anything that is splashy. Shame on me! Your colors are so bold and gorgeous.
I hope your birthday was lovely!

Quiltdiva said...

Wow, love your blog, Sandie! I feel very honored and glad you love all the Gypsy Bandana things. They were so much fun to make. And thanks for inspiring me to take the plunge to start my own blog. Love you! Francis

Sandie said...

Thanks Francis. I do totally love it all. I can't wait to get it all finished.

Johnnie said...

Cute idea. Can't go wrong with the cross. Loving your blog. New follower from Monday's craft hop. Blessings...

Saved By Love Creations

Carolyn said...

I can't believe you made them out of scraps... they look fantastic!

Carolyn said...

Looks fantastic. Some great ideas... thanks.