background

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A chair with a little MOJO!!!!

Halloween always means it's time again for the Permian High (yes that Friday Night Lights School) Orchestra's Spooktacular.  They have a fun concert that the kids all dress up for, have raffles and a silent auction.  For the last three years my niece has been a part of their orchestra and I have always made something to donate.  This year my sister had this cool chair she wanted to redo for the auction.  She didn't know what to do exactly so she started with painting it in black and white.  Then she dropped it off at my house.  Of course I wasn't smart enough to take a real before picture.  So here is the beginning picture.  lol


Our mascot is the panther so some paw prints were in order.  I just love using vinyl and my cricut.  It doesn't get much easier.  ;)  I just cut them out and started placing them around the seat.  The I cut a panther and the word Mojo for the backrest.  I think the front looked pretty cool. 

Now that the front looked so good the back needed a little love.  So I went ahead and cut Permian Panthers to go across the back. 

It was a hit at the auction.  I was glad they liked it.  We helped earn a little extra for the orchestra.  It was a win win right??

linking up at:




Catch a Glimpse Button

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Wow! That looks great! The local college team here is the Bengals, so I just happen to have some paw prints on the coffee table in my office. It doesn't look nearly so nice. (In short, it looks hideous! lol) I should take a picture of it and get your expert opinion on how to rehabilitate it. Sarah never covered that sort of thing on her HGTV show. LOL

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

It's adorable-I bet it raked in the cash.