background

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Skirts for my valentines

I made some quick and easy skirts for the little girls I babysit, and just had to share.  Since I am just learning to sew don't look too closely.  LOL  These were super easy because they are simply t-shirts cut off to make skirts. 
I took two Hobby Lobby t-shirts that were about two sizes too large, and simply cut them off under the arms.  This is awesome because it gives you a perfect bottom seam to start with.  Then you just size it to your kiddo.  Leave a little extra length for the waistband.  I left about 1in because my elastic was pretty thin.  Then I embellished them with some Rick-rack and cut out felt letters.  It was a quick project.  I finished them both in just a couple of hours even with sewing the letters by hand. 

I can't wait to see how adorable they look on Valentine's day.  What are you making for your valentine?

Wow I was featued on Under the table and Dreaming!!!  You can check it out here.  She has tons of fun Valentine ideas.

Linking up at:
craftyconfessions, tipjunkie, UnderTheTableAndDreaming, .randeesorganizedchaos, adiamondinthestuff, TalesOfATrophyWife, gingersnapcrafts, somewhatsimple, lovelycraftyhome, kitchenfunwithmy3sons, firefliesandjellybeans, nightowlcrafting junkintheirtrunk, waywardgirlscrafts

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sooo cute!!

Shan said...

Wish I could sew better. You should post a photo of your girls with them on. Great job, very cute!

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

Very cute! I don't think I'm making my Valentine anything. I guess I should get on that.

annies home said...

super cute reminds me of the good old days come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons.com said...

I Love this! We are hosting our first Kitchen Fun and Crafty link party this Friday (the 10th) and would love for you to share this! We will open it tonight to start linking up. Feel free to stop by and grab a party button! http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/

Jen Rollins said...

Hey! We all have to start somewhere! Your sewing may not be perfect (yet!) but your blog is beautiful! Great job on both!! Thanks for linking up!

Just Jaime said...

Cute! Love the stitching on the letters! I'm still learning too =)