I started out by spray painting the green wire wreath black. I didn't want it to show anywhere. Then I grabbed my deco mesh and went to work. I will warn you, I had to go back to get a second one. My wreath is HUGE. I didn't realize how big it would end up. The deco mesh was fun to work with. This was the first time I used it and I am in love. :)
It still looks pretty thin, but don't worry it fills in nicely when you add the ribbons. Once I got the mesh finished I started weaving the other ribbons in. First the gold, then the peacock. I tried the blue, but it was just too overpowering. I didn't like the results.
So when I added the ribbons in, I decided I would add a wooden letter S in the center for some added interest. I didn't really want it to be plain. I also spray painted it black then I added glitter. It came out awesome. I went ahead and hung it out, but wasn't quite satisfied.
It looks pretty, but it is pretty dark. I wanted to add the blue in again, but not all over. So I made small bows and added them in. I am in love with the final results.
I may have to find a place inside to hang it when it's time to put out the Memorial Day decorations. ;)
Linkin up @: